The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for driving sales (MRR) at TextUs by landing new customers with the goal of selling all of our Product and Service offerings and engaging appropriate Product Experts/SMEs and team members to win the business. The AE will be the primary point of contact for our customers through prospecting, demo, negotiation, pilot, and close phases of the sales process. The AE will maintain relationship with the customer and introduce Account Manager to service the account and nurture the relationship. The AE Will partner with the AM and Success team to maintain relationships with our clients, provide industry expertise, differentiate TextUs from our competition, and add value during customer QBRs.
- Expands TextUs customer base in designated accounts/territory
- Generates new target prospects through research, networking, and referrals.
- Converts target prospects to sales opportunities by identifying alignment of critical business needs with TextUs solutions and services.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects and customers in respective territory
- Demonstrate competency in understanding customer needs, creating value for customer, and providing relevant product demo’s
- Maximizes territory potential through targeting prospects, qualifying, conducting customer meetings and demonstrating TextUs products
- Effectively articulates TextUs value proposition and handles objections
- Ask great questions, seek to understand customer business objectives and provide value
- Identifies and articulates the strategic, organizational, and financial goals of TextUs clients
- Identifies opportunities to provide solutions to customer challenges
- Participates in Quarterly Business Reviews with AM/ Success team in alignment with current customer business objectives in order to help our clients maximize investment. Review performance data: Adoption, Response Rates, Client Operational Performance metrics, Best Practice use cases, etc.
- Engages with customers as needed, outlined in QBR Action Plan
- Provide spontaneous, ongoing ad-hoc check ins to support of TextUs “give” strategy to prospects: Identify resources, relevant articles, product updates, industry news, recognition opportunities (email, text, calls, snail mail, sendoso, etc.)
- Develop targeting strategies and sales campaigns for strategic prospects/ client expansion opportunities
- Communicates product updates & roadmap, marketing content
- Leverages testimonials, references, and case studies
- Solicit feedback and opportunities for improvement/ competitive advantage.
- Provide customer feedback to relevant TextUs team members- inform product team to ensure roadmap is reflective of customer feedback; provide recognition/ feedback to Support, Success etc.
- Attend Conference/Trade shows to engage with current and prospective clients, vendors, and partners – represent Team TextUs and create opportunities and leads for the entire team
- Solicit referrals & leads for other Account Executive & Account Management team members
- Participate in / identify speaking engagements where customer is showcasing TextUs on our behalf (webinars, vendor conferences, industry trade shows, etc.)
- Maintain accurate documentation in salesforce to track customer touchpoints, capture relevant information, and maintain pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Submits standard sales metrics such as weekly forecasts, pipeline, funnel, monthly progress, business plans, and expense reports on a regular and timely basis.
- Develops proposals and Negotiates contracts
- Works closely with sales management to prioritize opportunities and execute sales strategies to exceed quota expectations.
- 3 + Years’ experience in new business development for SaaS business accounts
- Exceptional business acumen, demonstrated ability to interact with clients at all levels of an organization, including C-suite, IT Executives, Functional Business leaders, trainers, managers, and users.
- Demonstrates product and industry expertise
- Effective negotiator
- Maintains competitive intelligence and effectively differentiates TextUs products/ services
- Exceptional verbal, written communication skills
- Team oriented
- Proficiency in asking questions, listening, and creating solutions / adding value
- Enjoys working in a tight-knit, startup community, and enjoys the team mentality
- Positive and energetic attitude with exceptional customer service skills
- Accountable, asks for feedback and strives for continuous improvement
- Strong territory and contact management skills
- Strong consultative and solution selling skills
- Working technical knowledge of software components; software knowledge base includes Salesforce, Drift, Google Apps, Social Media & Social Selling, prospecting tools, Chrome extensions
- Proven leadership skills in both independent and team environments
- Staffing and Recruiting market knowledge is preferred
- Must have high energy level, high degree of integrity, self-motivated, positive attitude, proactive approach to work, confidence
- Must have a willingness to travel minimum of 25%
- Must have demonstrated success in a B2B sales environment
- Meet or exceed activity expectations/ KPIs key performance indicators including calls, emails, text messages, appointments, demos scheduled, sourced deals closed, QBRs
- Meet or exceed monthly Net MRR sales quotas