Action-oriented, people-centric leader with a strong foundation in SaaS best practices.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
TextUs is a cloud-based texting platform that allows organizations to engage with customers, students, employees, and candidates on their mobile phones in real-time and achieve response rates that are 10x higher than email. TextUs integrates with industry leading CRM and HR systems allowing organizations to seamlessly add SMS / MMS texting to their existing workflows. Unlike other texting solutions, TextUs delivers robust deliverability, collaboration, and analytics that allows for broad usage across organizations of all sizes including enterprises and universities. TextUs is headquartered in the Denver CO metro area with a flexible working environment that supports employees all over the country. Learn more at www.textus.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will report to the CEO and lead finance, accounting, people operations, legal and risk/compliance. This role requires the ability to analyze operating results, interpret customer / channel / category trends, recommend initiatives to improve efficiency, profitability, and cash generation.
As a member of the executive team, this position is an essential partner in establishing long-term growth strategy, identifying M&A opportunities, identifying and implementing operational efficiencies, and ensuring the consistent delivery of financial commitments.
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the CEO, Board of Directors, investors, and executive team on financial, strategic, and operational matters.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team in providing input to peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic input in shaping business objectives.
- Provide strategic insight and seasoned judgment, particularly related to the growth and funding strategy.
- Provide direction and management of financial strategy and business planning as well as timely, accurate, and relevant financial information.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to set budgets, report on actuals, align on financial insights / next steps, and hold employees accountable to financial metrics.
- Present financial results with a narrative on results, variances to plan, trends, and key metrics to all stakeholders including front line employees.
- Manage and prepare with accuracy and timeliness reliable and current financial forecasting and cash flow reports.
- Assist the CEO in establishing financial strategic objectives as well as operating policies and procedures to ensure attainment of organizational objectives.
- Oversee semi-annual financial planning process and budgets, forecasting and closing processes including financial systems, cash flow and banking relationships.
- Drive the implementation of necessary business policies & internal controls necessary to effectively scale the company.
- Demonstrate strong financial stewardship by managing resource allocation, monitoring company expenditures and helping to review and negotiate customer and vendor agreements.
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions.
- Analyze and provide insight on the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, cost and compliance with budgets.
- Provide leadership in the execution of major financial transactions, including financing, acquisitions, facilities, and partnerships.
- Manage cash utilization, debt facilitates, and equity to maintain a strong foundation of liquidity for growth.
- Oversight of all Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Risk/Compliance and Legal functions.
- Manage, direct, and support direct reports. Hire, train, develop, teach, coach, mentor, motivate, discipline, and reward staff members.
- Manage the outside and internal auditor process and compliance programs.
- Provide support on various operational tasks including P&L and financial projections,
- pricing and valuation models and company presentations.
- Oversee the company's stock options, commission plans, and benefit plans.
- Serve as a liaison between company and outside legal counsel.
- Collaborate with the CRO and sales team on contracts and contract processes.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to manage COGS and 3rd party vendors.
- Success serving as a key member of the executive team in providing input to the CEO, Board of Directors, management peers, and employees regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives.
- 10+ years of related financial experience with recent experience as CFO or VP of Finance at a fast growing SaaS or software company that attained $20M in recurring revenue.
- Strong familiarity with software-as-a-service revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices.
- Experience maintaining clean subscription and opex data and using it to develop regular (and accurate) forecasts to monitor financial progress against plan and assess EBITDA impact of incremental investments above forecasted levels.
- Experience driving a strategic focus and demonstrated ability to execute directives in a high growth environment with complex and evolving programs, systems and operations.
- Demonstrated success implementing or optimizing process, procedures, and infrastructure to enable scale and support growth (organic and inorganic).
- Demonstrated skill in strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes to lead teams in building predictive models.
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of complex financial data, including benchmarking analysis.
- Prior experience in leading fundraising diligence efforts, ideally at a growth stage company.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive priorities at the senior level and build relationships and collaborate across all levels of the company in team-oriented fashion.
- Action-oriented, people-centric leader with a high sense of urgency and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach and team-first approachability / working style.
- Active, effective communicator, with a compelling executive presence, who is able to drive the company vision, mission and values to align teams, critical resources management and stakeholders.
- Direct experience with accounting systems (i.e. Quickbooks) and CPQ systems (i.e. Zuora) that support service and technology organizations.
- Strong understanding of corporate governance.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, retain, and lead A+ talent.
- Bachelor's degree; Masters degree, MBA or CPA preferred.
If this role interests, you please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TextUs does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Send resume to: email@example.com