Blend your passion for building amazing experiences with your commitment to mentoring.
Engineering Lead – Front End
Are you passionate about transforming new ideas into solid, scalable product features that customers love to use? Do you love the challenge of working on high volume SaaS applications? Do you believe that the junior developers of today are our architects of tomorrow? Do you believe that winning is a team effort through great culture and strong collaboration? Then TextUs would love to talk with you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Being an Engineering Lead means setting the direction for your team. You’ll bring them focus, help them solve challenges, and enable your team for success. You set the direction for major technical decisions in your focus area, and support your team to incorporate those into their daily flow.
As a Lead, you find answers to questions that positively impact our team’s productivity and morale. Is this feature designed properly? Is this UI flexible and accessible? Have we covered all the bases? You partner with UX to craft the best experiences.
You'll work closely with our other Engineering Leads to support work across our Full Stack teams. Together you'll ensure best in class development through pairing and partnering on feature work.
You will guide the overall technical direction for your functional area in partnership with your team. Your development time is about clearing obstacles to success - perhaps it’s partnering with our backend lead on a complex project, or pairing with your own team in a challenge area.
Engineering Leads also play a leadership role. You will assist Product in scoping out work, help your team structure and sequence their work, and solve coordination issues with other teams across Engineering. In this role, you'll also help guide our front-end engineers to ensure their career is on track and they are getting the support that they need to grow.
You'll have the backing and support of our Architecture and DevOps team to ensure we do this with the bigger picture at heart - reliability, scalability, and compliance. We have robust CI/CI tooling, processes, and procedures. Test-driven development is our norm.
WHO YOU ARE
You're committed to solid development practices to deliver clean code, release reliable software, and work collaboratively with other leads to successfully deliver a robust scalable product.
You value Lean thinking, embrace automation, and are fully committed to continuous integration and delivery as a means to drive stability and scale.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to explore what it means to lead while staying hands-on with feature development work.
- Able to translate Product epics into technical stories and a clear development action plan.
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of explaining hard technical challenges both orally and in written form.
- Passionate about solutions to challenges like scale, throughput, performance, security, and how these challenges play out in the development of features.
- Constructively express your viewpoint on good architecture, but don't have to be "right"
- Someone that has empathy for others and enjoys helping them when they are stuck.
- Willing to take ownership of different sections of the application, becoming the go-to person on the team for all aspects of it, from planning and stories to QA and support questions.
- Proficient at building React SaaS front end applications at scale.
We’re looking for someone with experience in most or all of the following (or the equivalent):
- React (must have)
- Modern front end development
- Testing frameworks like Jest
- Build tools like Webpack
- Linting tools like ESLint and Prettier
- Responsive Design
- Commitment to coding for Accessibility
- RESTful APIs
- Cordova or another mobile (nice to have)
- General understanding of back end frameworks (we use Ruby and Rails)
TextUs is the leading conversational messaging platform for mobile-first customer interactions. We improve business outcomes by allowing organizations to have amazing, message-based conversations with their prospects, customers, and employees across their entire journey with the organization.
TextUs company values:
- Always Authentic: Humble and transparent, we bring sincerity and positive intent to all that we do.
- Purposefully Inclusive: We seek, respect, and integrate diverse thinking to maximize our collective impact.
- Total Ownership: We align our actions to our words to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Team First: We before me. We overcome, achieve, and celebrate together.
- Always Innovative: We create amazing products by continuously chasing curiosity, building expertise, and taking bold risks.
- Customer-Centric: We develop products that customers love because we first walk in their shoes.
Employees have a clear voice and an impact on the success of TextUs. We are a collaborative, data-driven culture with an experienced and proven leadership team.
TextUs Benefits include:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- 401K with company match
- Open vacation policy
- Headquartered in Colorado and Remote (US)
If this role interests, you please forward your resume to email@example.com.
TextUs does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.