Apply your passion for building amazing experiences to building a brand new mobile app for 1000s of users.
Senior Engineer – Mobile/React Native
Are you passionate about transforming new ideas into solid, scalable product features that customers love to use? Do you love the challenge of working on high volume SaaS applications? Do you believe that the junior developers of today are our architects of tomorrow? Do you believe that winning is a team effort through great culture and strong collaboration? Then TextUs would love to talk with you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Software Engineer at TextUs focusing on mobile, you will have the opportunity to create a brand new React Native mobile application using our well documented and intuitive REST API. In collaboration with our Senior UX Designer, you will design, implement, and deploy a mobile application for our thousands of users.
As part of the TextUs Frontend team, you will also contribute to the TextUs UI by participating in code reviews, architecture decisions, and UI improvements for our React frontend.
WHO YOU ARE
You're committed to solid development practices to deliver clean code, release reliable software, and work collaboratively with other leads to successfully deliver a robust scalable product.
You value Lean thinking, embrace automation, and are fully committed to continuous integration and delivery as a means to drive stability and scale.
This is an ideal role for someone who has rich experience in React Native and is able to provide examples of mobile applications they have worked on.
- Capable of developing and maintaining a new live mobile app written for both iOS and Android using React Native.
- Committed to building native look/feel and great user experiences
- Driven to add improvements as needed to facilitate a positive user experience.
- Able to triage and fix issues as they arise from user feedback and usage data.
- Excited to contribute creative solutions and improvements to future iterations.
- Able to translate Product epics into technical stories and a clear development action plan.
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of explaining hard technical challenges both orally and in written form.
- Passionate about solutions to challenges like scale, throughput, performance, security, and how these challenges play out in the development of features.
- Eager to mentor others on the team about our new mobile implementation.
- Constructively express your viewpoint on good architecture, but don't have to be "right"
- Someone that has empathy for others and enjoys helping them when they are stuck.
- Familiar with multiple authentication models within mobile
- Proficient at building React Native mobile applications at scale.
We’re looking for someone with experience in most or all of the following (or the equivalent):
- React Native (must have)
- Experience with the Apple and Google Play stores
- Testing frameworks like Jest
- Build tools like Webpack
- Linting tools like ESLint and Prettier
- Responsive Design
- Commitment to coding for Accessibility
- RESTful APIs
- General understanding of back end frameworks (we use Ruby and Rails)
TextUs is the leading conversational messaging platform for mobile-first customer interactions. We improve business outcomes by allowing organizations to have amazing, message-based conversations with their prospects, customers, and employees across their entire journey with the organization.
TextUs company values:
- Always Authentic: Humble and transparent, we bring sincerity and positive intent to all that we do.
- Purposefully Inclusive: We seek, respect, and integrate diverse thinking to maximize our collective impact.
- Total Ownership: We align our actions to our words to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Team First: We before me. We overcome, achieve, and celebrate together.
- Always Innovative: We create amazing products by continuously chasing curiosity, building expertise, and taking bold risks.
- Customer-Centric: We develop products that customers love because we first walk in their shoes.
Employees have a clear voice and an impact on the success of TextUs. We are a collaborative, data-driven culture with an experienced and proven leadership team.
TextUs Benefits include:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- 401K with company match
- Open vacation policy
- Headquartered in Colorado and Remote (US)
If this role interests, you please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TextUs does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.