Senior Software Engineer
Blend your passion for building software at scale
with your commitment to user happiness.
Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
TextUs is the leading business-class text messaging software and the world's first real-time communication platform designed to dramatically improve how businesses communicate with their prospects, staff, and customers. TextUs currently serves the staffing / recruiting, higher education, corporate HR, healthcare, property management, and financial services industries. With a 98% read rate and up to 40% response rates, TextUs delivers business-class text messaging that allows businesses to truly engage with their stakeholders in real-time.
TextUs is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a Front End focus to join our team and help us evolve our platform. This role will involve creating and maintaining new features, mentoring junior developers in good development practices for clean code and reliable software, and working collaboratively with other senior developers.
- Someone that has empathy for design and UX best practices.
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of explaining hard technical challenges both orally and in written form.
- Passionate about the craft of programming, taking the time to think through hard problems and using your tools to develop reliable and maintainable software.
- Appreciates the process of breaking features down into iterative releasable components, build great automated test coverage, and delivering value often.
- Someone that enjoys mentoring others and helping them when they are stuck.
- Willing to take ownership of different sections of the application, becoming the go-to person on the team for all aspects of it, from planning and stories to QA and support questions.
We’re looking for someone with experience in most or all of:
- Modern front end development
- Testing frameworks like Jest
- Build tools like Webpack
- Linting tools like ESLint and Prettier
- Responsive Design
- RESTful APIs
- Cordova or other mobile (nice to have)
- General understanding of back end frameworks like Ruby and Rails
TextUs is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado and is remote-friendly. Our team believes in championing the following values: compassion, drive, quality, discipline and continuous learning.
We offer a robust package of benefits including 401K, health savings accounts, an open vacation policy, and company subsidized health, vision, and dental benefits for employees and their families. The company contributes to both 401K and health saving accounts.
If this role interests, you please forward your resume to email@example.com.
TextUs does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.