Evolve and mature the TextUs codebase and bridge Backend and Frontend teams.
React/Rails Software Engineer
TextUs is the leading conversational messaging platform for mobile-first customer interactions. We improve business outcomes by allowing organizations to have amazing, message-based conversations with their prospects, customers, and employees across their entire journey with the organization.
TextUs is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team and to help us build our applications. We’re searching for someone with skills in both React and Rails, to help evolve and mature our codebase. This role’s main responsibility is working on backend features while prototyping or implementing the frontend counterparts. You are the bridge between the Backend and Frontend teams.
- Experience (3+ years) developing React web applications professionally
- Experience (3+ years) developing production Rails APIs professionally
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment in a US timezone
- An included statement in your application on how you have worked with Ruby on Rails and React, both separately and together
You are also:
- Proficient in writing excellent documentation to guide our partners, development and support teams.
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of explaining hard technical challenges both orally and in written form.
- Passionate about the craft of programming, taking the time to think through hard problems and using your tools to develop reliable and maintainable software.
- Someone that has empathy for others and enjoys helping them when they are stuck.
- Willing to take ownership of different sections of the application, becoming the go-to person on the team for all aspects of it, from planning and stories to QA and support questions.
This is our stack, we’re looking for someone with experience in most or all of:
- Ruby on Rails
- Material UI
- ActiveJob on AWS SQS for most jobs
- Sidekiq Enterprise on Heroku Redis
- Heroku and AWS
- Job Type: Full Time
- Compensation Range: $100K - $120K
- Location: Headquartered in Colorado, US-Remote
- Reporting to: Engineering Lead
HOW TO APPLY:
If this role interests you, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the statement on how you have worked with Ruby on Rails and React, both separately and together as the email introduction.
By submitting your resume for this role - you consent to communication via text and email and text.
Our team members have a clear voice and an impact on the success of TextUs. We are a collaborative, learning and data-driven culture with an experienced and proven leadership team.
TEXTUS BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Competitive pay
- 401K with company match
- Flex vacation policy
- Headquartered in Colorado and Remote (US)
TextUs does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.