Leading the TextUs engineering org to build a scalable SaaS platform in a team-first environment that fosters rapid learning and growth.
TextUs is the leading conversational messaging platform for mobile-first customer interactions. We improve business outcomes by allowing organizations to have amazing, message-based conversations with their prospects, customers, and employees across their entire journey with the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a strong leader with a background building scalable SaaS platforms who can coach our engineering team members to perform the best work of their careers to date and create a team-first environment that fosters rapid learning and growth. Simultaneously this leader will work collaboratively with department leaders to establish strong processes across the organization to ensure all departments understand the priorities and rationale. Through these strong processes, all team members will be able to hold each other accountable through work completion. This Engineering leader will lead our core engineering functions: architecture, devops, and software development.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, and vendor selections are well informed and aligned with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Create an environment that attracts and retains diverse and talented technical team members and fosters their growth through consistent and empathetic coaching.
- Leverages prior experience building / scaling SaaS platforms to facilitate team alignment on technical strategy, architecture, devops, and coding practices.
- Develops a scalable organization structure and recruiting / staffing plan based on feedback from engineering leaders and cross-functional stakeholders that enables the company to effectively execute product strategy.
- Facilitates the alignment on and refinement of our SDLC process so that we continuously deliver high quality code in a CI/CD environment.
- Continuously works hand-in-hand with CEO and VP Product to ensure engineering’s voice is heard and impacts product strategy before epics get constructed to realize the strategy.
- Guides financial decisions related to the platform and tooling for the overall TextUs operating plan and budget.
- Has strong rapport across the organization to be able to work collaboratively with all team members to determine project feasibility, improve organizational processes, and provide direction.
- Partners with engineering leaders to ensure that the platform and features are securely designed in compliance with TextUs policies, and procedures in addition to industry regulations and guidelines
WHO YOU ARE
You are passionate about software and coaching and growing a lean, collaborative, high-performing Engineering team. You are adept at balancing strategy and vision with willingness to get in the weeds when the challenge demands it.
- Create a team environment where we follow our core values, listen, support, and respect each other, have space to make mistakes and learn from them, but ultimately strive for owning and building quality products and challenging ourselves to improve.
- Exceptional at identifying, hiring, developing, and retaining talented engineers and leading them to perform collectively at a level where the “whole is greater than the sum of the parts”.
- Exceptional at sourcing and hiring the best candidates across the country and from diverse backgrounds with the goal of creating the highest performing team possible.
- Have experience scaling a Saas application
- Experience with Direct and OEM sales models
- While you won’t be coding every day, you have a technical foundation that allows you to effectively communicate technical requirements and constraints to the non technical segments of the business to enable everyone to make the best decisions for the overall organization.
- Our current tech stack is comprised of:
- Application: Ruby on Rails + React
- Data: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Cloud: Heroku and AWS
- API Integrations to multiple SMS Providers and ATS/CRM platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Has experience growing an organization from one to multiple engineering teams
- Job Type: Full Time
- Compensation Range: $210K - $250K base + bonus + equity.
- Location: Local or remote
- Reporting to: CEO
HOW TO APPLY:
- By submitting your resume for this role - you consent to communication via email and text
Employees have a clear voice and an impact on the success of TextUs. We are a collaborative, data-driven culture with an experienced and proven leadership team.
TextUs Benefits include:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- 401K with company match
- Flex vacation policy
- Headquartered in Colorado and Remote (US)
TextUs does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.