With as much noise as there is in today’s business world, communicating via text messaging has proven to be one of the most effective methods of driving conversation and increasing engagement.
Using SMS for business communications represents an opportunity for organizations to connect with employees, customers, candidates and stakeholders in a way that is effective, personalized and fast. While not every smartphone has internet, nearly all mobile phones can receive texts.
The days of waiting on email responses and leaving voicemails, only to wait excruciatingly long to get a response, are over. Did you know the average person takes 90 minutes to respond to an email while a text message takes only 90 seconds to get a response? (Source: Finances Online)
The power of SMS as a conversation method cannot be overstated. Connecting with people where they are – on their phones, via text message – means near instantaneous response, moving your business processes forward more quickly and effectively.
Consider the below reasons and strategies when evaluating whether or not text messaging is right for your business or organization.
Top 5 Reasons to Start Using Text Messaging in Your Communications Strategy
- Text messaging gets 10x the response rate over phone or email and is more productive than other technologies.
- Only 20% of people will answer calls they don’t expect. On the other hand, texts are read in 5 seconds on average. (Source: Finances Online)
- Texting allows you to have better, smarter, more authentic conversations.
- 96% of Americans own a mobile device while only 74% have computer. (Source: Pew Research)
- 97% of American Business Professionals are within 3 feet of their mobile phone 24 hours per day and look at it on average 150 times daily (Source: Hubspot, Morgan Stanley, Technology and Internet Trends).
3 Tips For an Effective Text Messaging Conversation Strategy
- The most effective texters have 14% fewer active conversations which allows them to personalize better, resulting in a 3x better response rate.
- They also send out 25% fewer messages and proactively reach out 89% more than other texters.
- Authentic conversations drive response and will make you more productive in the long run.
(Source: Insights and best practices from TextUs customer base)
Start using SMS today to engage your customers, employees, candidates and prospects and increase your team’s productivity.