Key stats in this paper include:
- 77% of users say text messaging makes it easier for them to stay in touch.
- 79% of users aged 18-29 find sending rich media a way to stay connected, while 65% of those 65 and older find this helpful.
- 42% say text messaging is a good way to save time compared to phone or email.
- 63% of users say text messaging is their go-to method for daily communication with people they know.
- Only 2% of users say that they usually ignore text messages as much as possible.
- 42% say it’s a non-intrusive way to interact with companies and organizations.
- 41% of those aged 30-49 believe that text message trends are a great way for companies or organizations to keep them informed and up to date with new offerings or opportunities.
Unsubscribe rates kill SMS growth. Users identify three main reasons they unsubscribe: they received too many texts, the messages weren’t relevant to them, and they didn’t remember signing up for them or strongly believe they never did. As the leading text messaging service provider for mid-size companies and enterprises with less than 1% unsubscribe monthly rate, TextUs builds a platform with compliance, quality message indicators, SMS templates, and best practices to ensure customers scale engagement quickly and effectively.
Whether you need to use SMS for reminders, mass alerts or promotions, or to nurture leads, we recommend having a text message platform that manages your opt-in and opt-outs to stay compliant with SMS guidelines and regulations, balances the timing of your SMS campaigns with automation such as sequences, and has strong analytics capabilities with A/B testing built-in that lets you know which type of content your contacts want including rich media such as links, videos, photos, PDFs as well as the reasons they want to receive text messages including reminders, transactional information, discounts or promotional offers, or to give feedback.