Text Us Services, Inc.
Collection of Information
Registration Information. When you register with Text Us Services, Inc for our Website and Services, either as a customer or as a subscriber, you may be asked to provide identifying information to create your Text Us Services, Inc account (“Registration Data“), such as your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Company Industry
- Phone Number
Other Information: We also collect other information you may voluntarily provide. This may include content you provide for publication. We may also receive your communications with others through our Website and Services (such as contacting an author through our Website) or communications directly with us (such as through email, feedback or other forms or social media). If you are a subscribed user, we will also collect your user preferences, such as the types of articles you would like to read.
Information from third parties (such as, from your employer or LinkedIn): We may also receive information about you from third party sources. For example, your employer may provide your information to us, such as in connection with an article submitted by your employer for publication. If you choose to use LinkedIn to subscribe to our Website and Services, we also collect information related to your LinkedIn account and profile.
We use the information and data we collect principally in order to provide our Website and Services. More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- Operate our Website and Services and publish content;
- Distribute content to you in accordance with your preferences as well as to provide other notifications to you (for example, updates about our policies and terms);
- Measure readership and usage of the Website and Services;
- Communicate with you regarding your questions and requests;
- Authenticate users and to provide for the safety and security of our Website and Services;
- Conduct research and similar activities to improve our Website and Services; and
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to enforce our rights.
How is your information shared?
- Content and other public information (such as an author profile) is shared on our Website and Services, including via email digests and social media feeds, and is accessible to the general public.
- If you choose to use our Website and Services to communicate directly with a company or individual, such communication may be shared accordingly.
- Readership information is provided to publishing law firms and authors of content to give them insight into their readership and to help them to improve their content.
- Your information may also be shared to parties who support our business, such as professional advisors as well as web-hosting providers, analytics providers and other information technology providers.
- Any court, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals’ personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues.
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or our business.
How We Protect Your Information
Text Us Services, Inc takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to insure that user information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We restrict access to user information to those individuals who reasonably need access to perform their job functions, such as our third party email service, customer service personnel and technical staff. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. Where you use log-in credentials (usernames, passwords) on our Website, please remember that it is your responsibility to safeguard them. If you believe that your log-in credentials have been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Website and Services are not directed at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our Website and/or Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website and Services may contain links to other websites. The operators of such other websites may collect information about you, including through cookies or other technologies. If you are using our Website or Services and click a link to another site, you will leave our Website and this Policy will not apply to your use of and activity on those other sites. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on those sites, including their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of such other sites. This Policy applies solely to the information collected in connection with your use of our Website and Services and does not apply to any practices conducted offline or in connection with any other websites.
Information for EU and Swiss Residents
Text Us Services, Inc’s principal place of business is in the United States. By subscribing to our website, you expressly consent to your information being processed in the United States.
- Your Rights
- Right of Access/Portability: You can ask to review details about the information we hold about you and how that information has been used and disclosed. Note that we may request to verify your identification before fulfilling your request. You can also request that your personal information is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organizations.
- Right to Correct Information: You may ask that we make corrections to any information we hold, if you believe such correction to be necessary.
- Right to Restrict Our Processing or Erasure of Information: You also have the right in certain circumstances to ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or to erase your personal information. Where you have consented to our use of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Text Us Services, Inc, LLC
1401 Walnut St., Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80302
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. There may be times, however, where we are not able to fulfill your request, for example, if applicable law prohibits our compliance. Please note that Text Us Services, Inc does not use “automatic decision making” or “profiling” as those terms are defined in the GDPR.
- Onward Transfer to Third Parties: As noted in the “How We Share Your Data” Section above, Text Us Services, Inc may share your information with third parties. When Text Us Services, Inc discloses your personal information to third parties, we have ensured that such third parties have either certified under the EU-U.S. or Swiss Privacy Shield Framework and will process all personal data received from EU member states/Switzerland in reliance on the applicable Privacy Shield Framework or that they have been subjected to strict contractual provisions in their contract with us to guarantee an adequate level of data protection for your data.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, our customers who are California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Text Us Services, Inc, LLC
1401 Walnut St., Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80302
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our site.
Access/Correct/Update/Delete Personal Information
For non-EU/Swiss residents, if you would like to know what personal information we have about you, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be in contact with you (by mail or otherwise) to verify your identity and provide you the information you request. We will respond within 30 days to your request for access to your personal information. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. If you would like to delete your account or remove your information from our Website and Services, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Contacting Text Us Services, Inc
Text Us Services, Inc Cookie Guide
As with many websites, Text Us Services, Inc’s website (located at www.textus.com or Next.textUs.com) (our “Website(s)“) and our services (such as our email article digests)(our “Services“) use a standard technology called a “cookie” and other similar technologies (such as, pixels and web beacons), which are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you use our Website and Services. These technologies automatically identify your browser whenever you interact with our Website and Services.
- Improve the user experience on our Website and Services;
- Store the authorization token that users receive when they login to the private areas of our Website. This token is specific to a user’s login session and requires a valid username and password to obtain. It is required to access the user’s profile information, subscriptions, and analytics;
- Track anonymous site usage; and
- Permit connectivity with social media networks to permit content sharing.
There are different types of cookies and other technologies used our Website, notably:
- “Session cookies” – These cookies only last as long as your online session, and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari).
- “Persistent cookies” – These cookies stay on your computer or device after your browser has been closed and last for a time specified in the cookie. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit.
- “Web Beacons/Pixels” – Some of our web pages and emails may also contain small electronic images known as web beacons, clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs. These images are placed on a web page or email and typically work in conjunction with cookies to collect data. We use these images to identify our users and user behavior, such as counting the number of users who have visited a web page or acted upon one of our email digests.
Text Us Services, Inc Cookies. We place our own cookies on your computer to track certain information about you while you are using our Website and Services. For example, we place a session cookie on your computer each time you visit our Website. We use these cookies to allow you to log-in to your subscriber account. In addition, through these cookies we are able to collect information about how you use the Website, including what browser you may be using, your IP address, and the URL address you came from upon visiting our Website and the URL you next visit (even if those URLs are not on our Website). We also utilize email web beacons to monitor whether our emails are being delivered and read. We also use these tools to help deliver reader analytics to our authors to give them insight into their readership and help them to improve their content, so that it is most useful for our users.
Analytics/Performance Cookies. Text Us Services, Inc also uses the following analytic tools to help us analyze the performance of our Website and Services as well as how visitors use our Website and Services:
- HubSpot – For more information about HubSpot cookies, please visit legal.hubspot.com/
- Drift – For more information about Drift cookies, please visit https://www.drift.com/
- Google Analytics – For more information on Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/policies. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/
dlpage/gaoptout. This will allow you to download and install a Google Analytics cookie-free web browser.
Facebook, Twitter and other Social Network Cookies. Our content pages allow you to share content appearing on our Website and Services to your social media accounts through the “Like,” “Tweet,” or similar buttons displayed on such pages. To accomplish this Service, we embed code that such third party social networks provide and that we do not control. These buttons know that you are logged in to your social network account and therefore such social networks could also know that you are viewing the Text Us Services, Inc Website.
Controlling and Deleting Cookies
The processes for controlling and deleting cookies vary depending on which browser you use. To find out how to do so with a particular browser, you can use your browser’s “Help” function or alternatively, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.
Updates to This Policy
Contacting Text Us Services, Inc
1.Types of Data We Collect.
We collect personal information from users or prospective customers during their use of the website, use of our products, or communication with our employees. This includes: (1) basic data passed during text message transmission (including, but not limited to, message content, photos, files, and message count/volume), (2) information entered in website forms or when creating or using accounts, (3) mobile device information including mobile devise identification, service provider, and location, (4) payment information, and (5) information or feedback provided through e-mail, voice, letter, or online posting. We also collect data (including phone number, transmission, and message data) from general text messaging users who send messages to users of Company Services.
We also collect information using technology. We gather (1) clicking, browsing, and use data/patterns (including, but not limited to, information gathered through “cookies” and “pixel tags” as well as information about your IP address, browser, internet service provider, pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and clickstream data), (2) information about your mobile device, use of our app, or app performance and (3) information (via “pixel tags”) about how emails we have sent have been accessed. Third party advertisers or data analytics providers also gather similar information and/or match this information to that from other sources.
2. Use of Your Information.
General Use. In general, personal information you submit to us is used to provide the Services, for our direct marketing purposes, to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We will also use the information to contact you via e-mail or phone call for (1) phone number verification, (2) marketing/promotional purposes, (3) enrollment/activation activities, (5) response to your request/inquiry, (6) encouraging or enabling your use of the Services including, but not limited to, specific features, (7) billing inquiries, (8) to address possible inappropriate use, or at our Company’s discretion, (9) to provide users material updates related to the Services.
b) User Feedback. If you provide us with feedback, we may post it on the Site or our blog from time to time. (We love to share positive customer experiences!) If we desire to post your full first and full last name along with the feedback, we will ensure that we obtain your consent prior to posting.
3. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you or your business. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the personal information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive it (for example, the person you are texting).
(b) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers: (1) to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site, (2) to enable message transmission, (3) to conduct quality assurance testing or audits, (4) for our own marketing purposes, (5) to facilitate enrollment and creation of accounts, (6) to provide technical support, (7) to facilitate data storage, (8) for billing, (9) to manage sales accounts, and/or (10) to provide other services to our Company. These third party service providers are required to not use your personal information other than to provide the services requested by our Company.
(c) Public Profile. Profile information, such as your profile photo, name, and telephone number, may be shared between users of TextUs Services when communicating via text-enabled landlines.
(d) Corporate Restructuring. We may share some or all of your personal information in
connection with or during negotiation of any merger or change in ownership of all or a portion of our business or assets.
5. Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
(a) Email Communications. You may indicate a preference to stop receiving further marketing e-mail from us and may “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you service related communications.
(b) Changing Your Personal Information. You may change certain elements of personal information in your Account by logging into the Site. You may requested deletion of your personal information by us, and at our discretion, we may use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; but, please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
6. Security of Your Personal information. Your security matters to us. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.