Drive revenue growth and manage by landing new customers and expanding sales within landed accounts.
Senior Account Executive
TextUs is the leading conversational texting platform for mobile-first customer interactions. We improve business outcomes by allowing organizations to have amazing, message-based conversations with their prospects, customers, and employees across their entire journey with the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Account Executive, you are responsible for driving sales in the form of monthly recurring revenue (MRR) at TextUs by landing new customers and expanding sales within landed accounts. You are the primary point of contact for customers as they move through the buying journey: prospect, demo, quote, pilot, negotiation, and close.
You also manage the customer relationship for the first year introducing and partnering with your dynamic duo Account Manager to onboard and train the customer on how best to use TextUs so that they realize high response rates and amazing ROI. After the customer’s first year, your AM becomes the primary account owner while you leverage relationships built during the first year to cross-sell into other accounts within the same parent company.
WHO YOU ARE
You develop expertise in understanding our target customer, product capabilities, and value proposition so that you can deliver the best value to our customers. You understand the needs of the customer allowing you to truly partner with and build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the account. Your knowledge of and value delivered to customers gives you the confidence and credibility to seek a fair price for the value we deliver and seek additional opportunities where TextUs can be used.
You understand B2B SaaS sales methodology and process and continually seek to develop expertise in these areas. Your expertise and drive in these areas allow you to continually perform at the top of your peer group. You are also a team player who shows a willingness to listen to and empathize with others. You also embrace continuous learning which shows up in your desire to learn from customers, peers, and others in the company as well as share your insights and learnings from your own experiences.
Last but not least, you are excited to work at a company that values culture and people - customers, employees, and shareholders - like we do.
- Develops and enhances fluency and expertise in sales methodology, sales process, market / product positioning, product capabilities, and product value propositions.
- Develops and enhances command of target verticals, accounts, and buyer personas in assigned markets.
- Effective and efficient at generating opportunities by managing inbound leads and conducting targeted outbound prospecting especially in cross-selling within existing parent accounts.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects and customers by asking about / listening to / understanding customer needs, proposing solutions to customer challenges, demonstrating capabilities and value of those solutions and effectively handling objections.
- Develops a detailed understanding of key stakeholders at each account, their motivations, and roles in the buying cycle and effectively manages each stakeholder throughout the sales process to a successful close.
- Participates in Quarterly Business Reviews with Account Managers to assist in growing product utilization / customer satisfaction in order to create upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Provides customer feedback to relevant TextUs team members in order to provide feedback on customer pain points / requirements / priorities, competitor developments, product / feature effectiveness, and level / quality of customer support.
- Disciplined execution of prospecting and sales processes, including entering information and data in Hubspot and Salesforce, so that pipeline generation goals are met, forecast accuracy is high, and quota is regularly attained.
- 5+ years of experience as a top performer in new business development for B2B SaaS businesses.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced, high-accountability, high-teamwork environment.
- Exceptional sales acumen and relationship-building skills at all levels of an organization and across functions.
- Proven ability to command SaaS-based CRM and digital communications technology and apply that knowledge in a consultative / solution sales approach with customers.
- Highly experienced / confident in leading customers through the buying process, effective sales meetings, and contract negotiations.
- Exceptional communication skills: listening, asking questions, and written / verbal articulation.
- Previous experience selling into people-centric operations, such as talent acquisition, workforce management, shift scheduling, staffing / recruiting, is a plus.
- Job Type: Full time
- Compensation Range: Up to $150K on-target earnings, depending on experience, with approximately a 50/50 split between base salary and bonus.
- Location: Remote, Boulder/ Denver HQ
- Reporting to: Director, Sales
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your resume for this role - you consent to communication via text and email and text
Our team members have a clear voice and an impact on the success of TextUs. We are a collaborative, learning and data-driven culture with an experienced and proven leadership team.
TextUs BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Competitive pay
- 401K with company match
- Flex vacation policy
- Headquartered in Colorado and Remote (US)
TextUs does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.